Did you know that Pasir Ris Secondary has a number of outstanding alumni in sports? Yasir Hanapi SEA Games Bronze Medallist in 2007 and 2009, Ethel Kang, a SEA Games Bronze Medallist for Indoor Volleyball in 2015 are two alumni who have gone on to excel in their sporting journey and career. Leveraging the pervasiveness of these two sports in the school’s tradition, we are recruiting exceptional talents to join our Football and Volleyball teams.
In Pasir Ris Secondary School, we have a comprehensive and extensive programme in Football and Volleyball to develop our athletes. Not only do they receive high quality training in sports, there is also a robust leadership programme to develop them into worthy sports ambassadors. Some of the leadership opportunities include: assignment as assistant coaches during PE lessons, nomination as sports captains, attendance at sports clinics/master classes, championing health and fitness as well as organising inter-class games. We strongly believe that sports can build character, foster friendship and teamwork. We will ensure that our athletes balance their achievements in sports and academic studies.
With a firm belief in pushing every individual to his/her potential, for exceptional performers, there are opportunities to link up with clubs for them to participate at a higher level of play.
If you have the passion and talent for Football or Volleyball, we invite you to join our Pasirian family.
Sports Talent Area
DSA Main Category
DSA Talent Area
Sports & Games
|Boys only |
Sports & Games
|Boys & Girls |
- Have represented school in Zonal/National Tournament OR
- Is a member of any sports club (e.g. School, Community Clubs, Academy) OR
- Represented School/Club/Constituency in any other invasion and/or net/wall barrier games.
- Have good records in terms of conduct and attendance in primary school.
Please note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted/given an offer.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the criteria stated above.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo an e-trial to showcase their technical capability and tactical understanding about the game. An e-interview will also be conducted to highlight their passion for the sport and how they can contribute to the sporting fraternity in PRSS especially in the area of developing values in sports.
- For all applicants who are not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools, please refer to https://go.gov.sg/apply-dsa-sec-nms.
- International Students may apply but must take part in and fulfil the requirements of the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) test before you can be considered for DSA allocation.
Centralised DSA-Sec Application Process
Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 5 May 2021, 11am to 1 June 2021, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website – www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec
- Certified true copies of certificates / documentary proof for the non-school based awards and activities may be requested for shortlisted applicants.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of the application by 13 Sep 2021. Candidates who are given a Confirmed Offer are guaranteed a place in our school in a course which they are eligible for (Express, Normal Academic or Normal Technical) based on their PSLE results.
- No appeal will be entertained as the school’s decision on the offer is final.
|Application through the centralised DSA-Sec Portal:|
|5 May 2021, 11am - 1 Jun 2021, 3pm|
|Notification of Interview/ Audition/ Trial via e-modes for shortlisted applicants||28 Jun 2021 -13 Sep 2021|
|Outcome of application (Confirmed Offer, Waiting List, Rejected)||By 13 Sep 2021 |
|Students with CO or WL offer will receive the School Preference Form ||Mid - Oct 2021 |
|Submission of school preferences via the DSA-Sec Portal||25 Oct 2021 - 29 Oct 2021 |
|Release of DSA results with PSLE results release ||Late Nov 2021 |
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from Sec 1-4.
*For any inquiries, please call the General Office at 65010800.