At CAMP SPARK, students will discover their interests and strengths and develop their socio-emotional competencies through venturing out of their comfort zone and working with others.
Through the camp, students will develop a positive mindset as they learn to overcome challenges they face along the way. Through the authentic and experiential learning in this camp, they will forge friendships, deepen their sense of belonging, and pride towards the school.
The theme of Camp Spark and its tagline “Zest For Life” is specially conceptualised with the aim to ignite the zeal and drive in Pasirians, which is the key to enable Pasirians to work towards realising their dreams. It takes a spark to get the fire burning. This is akin to the Pasirians starting to discover (spark off) their interests, strengths and acquiring a positive mindset.
The metaphor of “Campfire” symbolizes the progression whereby Pasirians have gained their footing after Secondary One, internalised the PRIZE values and way of life, and will now begin their preparation to cultivate passion to chase their dreams.
Sec 4 & 5
- enhance their resilience and help them to stay focused in pursuing their aspirations
- deepen their friendships with cohort peers to achieve team goals
- learn various soft skills relevant to the future workplace
- cultivate a sense of belonging and pride to school
- develop greater awareness to post-secondary options
Developing the ‘Never give up’ spirit though the going may get tough
Receiving the prize at the end of the journey