Home > Holistic Education > The Co-Curriculum > Co-Curricular Activities > Sports & Games > Table Tennis
Pasir Ris Secondary School CCA Table Tennis had its humble beginnings in the 1990s, to cater to an increasing number of boys who had expressed interest in the sport. Today, the sport is an established CCA in the school. Although year after year we have to compete with schools in the east zone, a number of which are table tennis powerhouses, our pupils have never been intimidated by strong opponents.
In 2013, for the first time in history, PRSS Table Tennis B Boys emerged Top 4 in the East Zone inter-school table tennis championships. This unprecedented achievement is a testament of the hard work, team spirit, passion, valour and perseverance which have been the values and qualities underpinning the CCA. Besides the East Zone inter-school table tennis championships, our pupils have also participated in SAFRA-STTA Championships, Dr Ng Eng Hen Cup and Dr Lee Bee Wah Cup, among other competitions at the national level.
CCA Table Tennis always remembers her mission and vision, with the aim that pupils who join the CCA over the course of 4 years will
- cultivate a passion for sports and for table tennis in particular,
- acquire the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes,
- be developed in physical strength and agility as well as mental resilience,
- be inculcated with good character,
- exhibit model sportsman qualities such as sportsmanship, fair play and graciousness,
- be developed in team spirit.
|Tuesday / Thursday||3.00 - 6.00 PM||Hall|
Mr Albert Neo Chin Lee (OIC)
Mr Liu Shu Chun
Mrs Eunice Lee
Training in action
Physical fitness training
Competition in action
Receiving coach tips
Practice makes perfect