Pasir Ris Secondary School CCA Table Tennis had its humble beginnings in the 1990s, to cater to an increasing number of boys who had expressed interest in the sport. Today, the sport is an established CCA in the school. Participating annually in the National School Games (NSG) is always in the CCA’s calendar. Although our teams have to compete with table tennis powerhouses in the East zone, our pupils have never been intimidated by strong opponents but give their best in all the matches.
In 2013, for the first
time in history, PRSS Table Tennis B Boys emerged Top 4 in the East Zone
inter-school table tennis championships. This unprecedented achievement is a
testament of the hard work, team spirit, passion, valour and perseverance which
have been the values and qualities underpinning the CCA. Besides the NSG East
zone table tennis championships, our pupils have also participated in
SAFRA-STTA Championships, Dr. Ng Eng Hen Cup and Dr. Lee Bee Wah Cup, among other
competitions at the national level.
- cultivate a passion for sports and for table tennis in particular,
- acquire the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes,
- be developed in physical strength and agility as well as mental resilience,
- be inculcated with good character,
- exhibit model sportsman qualities such as sportsmanship, fair play and graciousness,
- be developed in team spirit.
|Tuesday & Thursday||3.00 PM - 6.00 PM||School Hall|